This Black Weekend Package includes an 808 camera, open shroud kit, and an additional shroud, everything you need to install a camera in two same diameter rockets at 25% off. You can add additional shrouds to your kit at 40% off.
The camera is the genuine 808 #16 V3 720P HD video camera with the newest wide angle lens D and 250mAh battery for long battery life. Weighing only 0.8oz and measuring only 2.3x1.3x.55 inches, it is extremely small and will fit in airframes down to 54mm with our shroud system. Also includes 8GB sd card for up to 2.5 hours of storage.
- Records 720P H.264. HD video quality at 1280x720 30 at frames per second
- Wide angle lens (approx 90 deg horizontal FOV)
- Approximately 1 hour of battery life
- Easy to configure settings using mSetup application
- Supports micro SD, micro SDHC or Micro SDXC Class 4 or higher cards.
- Approximate 2.5 hours of storage recording at 1080p with included card.
- Weighs only 0.8oz
- Measures 2.3x1.3x.55 inches
The shroud is designed to provide a minimal, sleek, pseudo-ogive protrusion for mounting a camera through the wall of your rocket at an optimal angle. Molded from 5 layers of 5.7oz 2K twill carbon fiber (approx. 0.045" thick) it is extremely durable. They have survived ballistic recovery, burying them 5 feet into clay, and landing flat on gravel from 3 kft with no damage but scratched paint. (In both cases the 808 cameras were not damaged either). The shroud can be mounted through the wall of an airframe or a coupler & airframe.
The open design of the carrier allows for easy access to the SD card and USB port for easy charging and data download. Open carriers are not sealed and are recommended for installation in electronics bays or other placements where they will not be exposed to ejection gasses. Ejection gasses can be corrosive to the electronics in the camera and may damage the unit.
All of our camera carriers are made from solid CNC machined linen phenolic making them lightweight and extremely durable with a consistent precision fit. They are designed to be easily transferable between rockets of the same diameter. The mounting threads are reinforced with stainless steel helical inserts and will not wear out with repeated mounting and dismounting.
LiquidFyre 808 camera shrouds are currently available in 2" (54mm), 3" and 4" sizes. Please see images for space allocation. Careful consideration of component layout should be used with the camera in 3" or smaller av-bays. In the 54mm size we recommend mounting the camera in the nose cone using a switchband to extend the cone.
Installation instructions and routing templates will be available in our Documentation secction.
- 2x Molded carbon fiber 808 shroud
- Phenolic 808 carrier - Open Style
- 808 Extension Cable
- Adhesive mounting tape pad
- Stainless steel button head mounting screws (2)
- 808 #16 V3 - Lens D 720P HD Micro Keychain Camera
- 8GB Class 4 micro SD card*.
- Standard Accessories: Lens cover, Keychain, USB Cable
*We may substitute higher capacity or higher speed microSD card based on availability.